Saturday, April 16, 2016

Music to My Ears



 
 Back in 2006 I felt challenged to make a list of what I consider to be the best rock songs of all time. This is what I came up with:

…..my top 10 plus greatest rock songs of all time!!!  (I couldn’t keep it to ten and I reserve the right to add to the list!)  Here goes:  In no particular order…..
 
Barracuda – Heart – These sisters are amazing!
 
Heartbreaker – Pat Benatar – One of the best voices rock was ever blessed with
 
Round-about – Yes – So, I am a child of the 70’s.  Sue me.
 
Aqualung – Jethro Tull – No, J.T. is not a person but the name of a band!
 
Immigrant Song/Stairway to Heaven – Led Zeppelin – Stairway is everyone’s favorite but for rocking out I had to include Immigrant Song
 
Mississippi Queen – Mountain
 
Layla – Derek & the Dominoes – Eric Clapton – nuff said
 
Crossroads – Cream – Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker.  Need I say more?
 
Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen
 
Old Time Rock & Roll – Bob Seeger – This might not quite qualify as "rock" but, once again, sue me.
 
Dream On – Aerosmith
 
Behind Blue Eyes/Won’t Get Fooled Again – The Who – Once again, couldn’t decide which
 
Takin’ Care of Business – Bachman-Turner Overdrive
 
The Stroke – Billy Squier – Consummate rocker
 
Sharp Dressed Man – ZZ Top
 
Glad – Traffic
 
Magic Carpet Ride – Steppenwolf – Classic.
 
Honorable mentions:
 
Rebel, Rebel – David Bowie – Not sure if this is rock or freak rock but I gotta love him!
On the Dark Side – John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band from the Eddie and the Cruisers Soundtrack – Love this but not sure it is rock as I have defined it.
 
Future Rock Classic:
 
The Kill – Thirty Seconds to Mars – One of the best videos I have ever seen.  Based on the movie "The Shining."

1 comment:

  1. This list makes me smile! I'm feeling a youtube music video marathon coming on...

    ReplyDelete